We have clear aims for WReN:
- To provide a mechanism for sharing cross-speciality information about researchers, CTUs and research centres developing and delivering NIHR portfolio studies.
- To provide a networking platform for clinical and academic professionals involved in wounds research.
- To support the development and engagement of clinical specialists as co-applicants.
- To promote the development of novice PIs to support delivery of NIHR portfolio studies.
- To support early career researchers in wounds research.
- To provide a mechanism for signposting to service user groups able to support research activity.
- To organise an Annual Scientific Meeting which provides a platform for shared learning about innovation in the design, conduct and delivery of wounds research throughout the UK.
- To collate, establish and maintain mailing lists of clinical groups with a track record and/or interest in participating in wound research design and delivery.