NIHR Surgical MedTech Cooperative – National Meeting 2019
Surgery 2030: Transformative Technologies’ is the theme for the Surgical MICs National Meeting this year which will be held in the centre of Leeds on 19th November.
The National Meeting is an opportunity for delegates to network and create new multidisciplinary collaborations and secondly to stimulate development of innovative ideas to address challenges in surgery.
The Surgical MIC is the centre of expertise for the development of technologies in the area of colorectal, vascular and hepatopancreaticobiliary (HPB) disease, with a focus on improving surgical care through technological innovation. Their aim is to ensure patients in need of surgical care have access to new technologies that have been rigorously tested to ensure they are safe, effective, and represent value for money to the NHS.
The meeting brings together clinicians, academics, scientists, industry partners, patients and the public to work together to advance patient care by accelerating new science and technologies into patient benefit.
The MIC would like delegates to:
- Understand the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to technology development for surgery
- Understand the key success factors for clinical adoption of surgical innovation
- Gain an overview of potential surgical applications of existing and/or new technology and how research collaborations accelerate the journey to patient access.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Gareth Loudon, Professor of Creativity at the Cardiff School of Art and Design and co-founder and Director of the Centre for Creativity Ltd
- Mr Luigi Pugliese, Department of Surgery, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico SanMatteo, Pavia, Italy
- Mr Sirko Pelzl, CEO and CTO of apoQlar GmbH
- Dr Andrew Sims, Head of the Northern Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering Department (NMPCE), Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
In addition, a PPI-led PhotoVoice session will be held and the IDEAL collaboration will be holding a session on their framework for the evaluation of innovation in surgery & devices & its practical application.
Register your free place now to avoid disappointment via Eventbrite